Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow Day

Something so magical happens when you get snowed in. It's like the world stands still and nothing else matters. You put your life on pause and play in the snow for TWO days straight!
Dad made a snow fort for Reesa to play in
Jansen didn't really like being out in the snow because he was too cold! So the second day we got smart and duck-taped his gloves on so he couldn't pull them off. I wish I had a good picture, but it was so funny, and Jansen LOVED being warm, and was so much happier.
We borrowed Larry's sled and pulled the kids out on the road.
We ended all the fun making a gingerbread house.
The best part was Jansen eating the candy pieces faster than we could put them on. His entire side of the house was swept clean. I think this house took us less than 10 minutes to make (thanks to a box kit) and it found it's way into the trash the next day. I LOVE making these, but I don't really think I wanted any help! Jake had to keep reminding me it was for the kids...
What do you like best about snow days? Any fun activities you did?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a TON of snow!!! So much fun for the kiddos! So was this before Christmas? Or did you make a January gingerbread house? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been snowed in here, too. Magei missed two days of school! I was sad to miss your call today. It was Sam's birthday, so we were out and I didn't have my phone. Call me next week when it is a good time for you! love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute! We took the kids sledding here several times! And today we decided we needed a break from all that snow and we went to the Westerville rec pool! I was somehow still freezing..I think they need to make it hotter in there! hah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time. Mitchell is so dang cute! You guys make snow look fun. I wish I was that optimistic... maybe when Emma gets older. Love you!

    ReplyDelete