Sunday, April 12, 2009

Camping

Jake REALLY wanted to go camping this week, and being 7 months pregnant, with 2 little kids... I didn't know how that was going to work. But when Jake wants something, he doesn't stop! So he finally convinced me when he said we could rent a two bedroom cabin at Twin Lakes. Chelsey's kids were off for spring break, so we invited them up to share in the fun.
We had the girls stay the first night, and took them on a 2 mile hike the next morning.
They made it most of the way without help.
Brinley was so funny. When Jake set her down she informed me that "Jake is a very strong man!"

We hiked to this fun park! It looks like so much fun for swimming in the summer. We'll have to go back.



Train rides down the slide

And if the hike wasn't enough, when we got back Jake insisted we rented a rowboat to take the kids out on the lake. They LOVED it! We chased a goose all around and saw SIX turtles sitting on the same log. If only I had a camera...
The next night Tyler came and stayed the night.

We put our two kids to bed early (they were so beat!) and stayed up doing a campfire, smores, and banana boats without ANY worries of someone falling in, or running away. HEAVEN!
It really was a fun trip, and I'm glad Jake convinced us to go!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so bad for parusing and never leaving a comment, but I LOVE your blog! You are such a good sport to go camping 7 months prego! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Did I mention you can't even tell that you're pregnant in these pics? You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much! I have been dying for the weather to warm up a little more so that we can get out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kellie! You are brave! We went camping at Yellowstone when I was 8 months pregnant with Dylan and It was horrible! It looks like you guys had fun though! Sometimes it's just good to get out of the house even if its a lot of work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that looks so fun! You are so brave for going so preggo!! I would probably be the one in my family convining everyone to go camping, i miss smores! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh c'mon, don't tell me you don't miss Camp Damp! ;) OK, I sure wouldn't after this kind of a trip! :) We'll miss you guys this year! Glad you had a good time. And, I agree with everyone else, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's true, you can't even tell you are pregnant! You don't get fat face at all, unfair!! You two are so awesome to take your kids camping, it is always so worth it when you get there, but sooooo much effort to go! Skiing, sex, and camping all so much effort, but always worth it! Love your blog, Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, you rock!! Looks like a ton of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh! Wow, you are my hero! Camping while pregnant! Jake is a lucky man! I'm glad you guys had so much fun, and it was so fun chatting with you the other night! I'll have to come visit you sometime...especially after u have that baby-i'm sure u'll need a nap or a meal!!! see u soon pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete