Monday, April 4, 2011

We're home

Well we did it. Mitchell's surgery was successful, and after 3 days we're home and happy and healing.
Sorry about the bad pict. I took it myself right after surgery. It is so fun to hold a baby that is wanting to cuddle!
Getting lots of rest.
And if you look closely you can see his 4 incisions, his g-tube and his central line in his leg. This little boy has been through so much and is just as sweet as can be.
We saw little ones younger than Mitch walking around and tried not to notice what he's not doing yet, although it's really hard not to. We are so blessed. We have beautiful children, friends and family who care, love and support us, and a wonderful Heavenly Father who let us enjoy it all!

Thank you Jennifer for moving your entire family of 6 into my house so my 2 kids would feel a little control over their crazy schedules! Seriously can friends get any better than this?

P.S. Jake mentioned our blog is turning into a medical update, well I guess our life is too, right?

9 comments:

  1. I'm in love with his little hospital gown! (Although you're probably sick of looking at him in them...)
    So glad you're home and things went well. Good news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have Jennifer there to help - what an awesome friend! glad the surgery went well. you must all be so exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and congrats. Jennifer is an angel.So is Mitchell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you get to be home with all your babies! What a sweetheart he is- cuddlers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Mitchy!! Love that boy, I totally want to snuggle him! Glad you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm catching up. Your hospital stay post was beautifully said and I'm so glad Mitchell's surgery went well. What a precious little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness! i am so glad that everything went well and so grateful to have such great examples all around me teaching me all about what matters most. U are wonderful and I am so grateful to have great friends like u guys in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jake and Kellie, we are so happy Mitchy is doing well. We love him SOOOO much! He is the cutest little guy! We miss you all so much and wish we could've been by you during this hard time. Keep hangin' in there Mitchy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy that he is doing well and recovering! You're in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete