Saturday, March 14, 2009

It won't be like this for long

So I have had the hardest three days because I am SO SICK! I can't believe how hard it is to do anything when you don't feel well. I feel like I cannot even take care of myself, how can I ever even think of taking care of my kids? I've been on antibiotics since Wednesday, so I thought I would feel better magically in 24 hours! I think I just have strep and a bad cold, but it hurts to read stories, laugh, talk, swallow, cough. I have a fever and get the chills and can't move! I can't hear or breathe well, blah blah blah. Ever had one of those weeks?

Anyway while in the car I heard this song, "it won't be like this for long..." and I just needed it! It just got me thinking soon I'll be looking back on this sick time with my kids and it will all be over. I won't be sick forever, and how lucky for me that I'm not currently working and can just sit in bed or on the couch with my kids ALL DAY watching movies, reading stories and eating popsicles. I don't have to take my kids to day care, worry about money I'm losing by not working, or how to make up time missed from work.

Jake left for work yesterday at 5:30 a.m. and both are kids were awake. He got home at 8:20 last night, and both our kids were awake. See how easy it is for me to feel sorry for myself? BUT those words "it won't be like this for long" are so empowering. It makes me feel like I can do anything for a short while. I can hold my kids while they cry and ignore the splitting headache I have. I can live off liquids for a few more days, and so can my kids... I can quit feeling guilty for not taking better care of them while we're all so sick.

p.s. The funniest part of this story... Jake calls me on his way home from work Thursday and tells me he has been feeling so sick all day and is sure he has the same thing I have. He walks in the door and takes one look at me and says, "you look miserable, I'm not sick at all." What does that mean? Jake told me he must have been feeling "left out of the sick club" and wanted to be included too, but when he saw how sick we were he quickly changed his mind and realized how good he was actually feeling! I'm so grateful, for one person around here to be feeling okay. Here's a picture of Jake sleeping with the kids. They love dad!


Anyway, I hope these words will give you the same hope they've given me when you're feeling down. If not, call me and I'll try to cheer you up! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment